3D Experiment with the branching algorithm I’ve been building.
Building a branching algorithm in Houdini. Here’re some of the 2D experiments:
Colour mixing using particles using velocity fields
Testing out layering effects in Houdini. The normals of the polygons are affecting where certain effects occus on a mesh. In this case a subdivision triangular effect on the under sides and a porous effect on the top side of the structure.
Playing around with Cinema 4D R20 node materials. These are all a single material with no textures. Everything is generated from within the shader including the patterns. The triggering is done from the vertex map using mograph fields.
Some preliminary tests for some automated macro image capture. The pipeline uses C4D as an interface to sends data to a Raspberry Pi. The rotations of the servo can be controlled in real time by rotating objects in C4D. Also commands can be sent to trigger a sequence of rotations and taking photos at each step. The plan is to make the rig into a pan & tilt system. All the scripts etc are written in python
I’d figured out the IK solutions for the real robots but works great for animations too :)
I got a bit lost in creating spiral iterations in Cinema 4D. I wrote the code in python and used the C4D BaseDraw tools to draw the lines.